Local SEO is the practice of optimising your website for local search results. It is the modern day yellow pages and allows people to search for goods and services provided by small businesses in their local area. Google now says that nearly half of all internet searches performed are local. Local SEO allows you to target the customers nearest to your business.
If your website has not yet been optimised specifically for local SEO then you may be missing out on lucrative business opportunities. Without it, you will have more competition, lower search engine rankings and risk not being found. Customers like to buy from local businesses and having your website correctly configured will allow them to find you online and easily see where you are located.
Local SEO is one important part of a wider holistic SEO strategy. Read more on all our Search Engine Optimisation services to see how else we can help.
FreshOnline specialises in local SEO and we have helped many local businesses increase their Snack Pack rankings (the small box of results you see at the very top of the results page) and organic rankings (the usual results you would expect to see on any search). As part of our local SEO service we complete the following:
– Google My Business page optimisation.
– Ranking through Google Maps.
– Ranking on the front page through “snack pack” map listings.
– Configure Schema mark up with local SEO information.
– Set up and optimise local directory citations.
– Update contact form with local SEO NAP information and Google Map.
– Create and optimise individual pages for each location/ site.
– Create, configure and submit Geo sitemap and KML files.